Are you a FRONTEND DEVELOPER? Then you definitely need to read this!
This blog helps you understand the basic difference between Angular, React and Vue Js and will help you choose the right technology while making a web application or making a career in the respective technologies.
So let us first understand how these frameworks emerged in the front-end development world and how developers started using them for developing web applications.
The History of the Frameworks
- Developed by Google, released in 2010.
- In 2016, Angular 2 was released and “JS” was officially dropped from Angular JS. So now all its versions starting from Angular 2 to Angular latest version is just known as Angular, with no JS.
- The latest version of Angular is Angular 11.0.2, released on 19 November 2020 and is the most stable version of Angular.
- Developed by Facebook and initially released in 2013.
- The latest version is React 16.X, which was released in November 2018.
- Created by an ex-Google employee – Evan You in February 2014.
- Has gained its popularity over the last few years and the most stable version is 3.0.2, released on October 20, 2020.
Angular, React & Vue are brilliant, but not flawless.
All the 3 frameworks have their respective pros and cons. They are superb for some developers, but not for everyone. This study will help you determine which is the best framework for the web application you want to develop or the best framework that suits your career choice. Let’s have a look at them:
- Angular is highly scalable when it comes to creating large projects due to its scalable structure and architecture.
- Angular has 4 main features to deliver robust web applications while solving all challenges when it comes to creating a web application:-
- Dependency injection
- Declarative templates
- End-to-end tooling
- End-to-end tooling
- With a single tool, Angular provides all types of testing and debugging for one complete project.
- It has built-in support for AJAX, HTTP, and Observable.
- Since it is owned by Google, the large community support is a huge advantage for developers.
- Since Angular has a variety of structures like Injectables, Components, Pipes, Modules etc., it is difficult to learn in comparison to its competitors. Also, one has to learn the associated concepts like TypeScript and MVC to become a master over Angular. Overall, learning Angular maybe time-taking but if you have the patience then it will pay off really well in the future.
- You must have an experience with Java, C#, and previous versions of Angular to master latest versions of Angular.
Top Companies using Angular:-
Udemy, YouTube, Paypal, Nike, Google, Telegram, Microsoft, Autodesk, Apple, Adobe, Upwork.
- It provides reusable UI components.
- React allows you to manage the code according to your desired format. It has got 180k GitHub stars.
- Leveraged with Virtual DOM, React allows faster, modular and dynamic web application development.
- A developer skilled in React JS can also use his/her experience to develop mobile applications using React Native.
- It’s easy-to-migrate between versions with React as Facebook provides “codemods” to automate much of the process.
- The community support for React is not as great as Angular.
- It requires a multiple set of tools to perform different types of testing and debugging, while Angular does it with a single tool.
Top Companies using React:-
Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, New York Times, Yahoo, Khan Academy, Whatsapp, Codecademy, Dropbox, Airbnb.
- Vue.JS is more flexible and less opinionated than Angular. You can structure and design the app in your own creative way rather than just following the Angular way.
- It helps to optimize HTML blocks handling with the use of different components as it is empowered by HTML and has similar characteristics to Angular.
- Since it shares similar features with Angular and React, it is very fast and adaptive when it comes to switching from other frameworks to Vue.Js.
- Vue.js has a surprising weight of just 20KB (approx.)! This is much less than Angular and React. Thus, it has a greater speed and flexibility in comparison to other frameworks and allows a seamless performance.
- Vue.js is very versatile as it can be used for both building single-page applications and more difficult web interfaces of apps. This is very much indicative that as its popularity and community strength will increase, developers might start preferring it over other frameworks.
- Since Vue.Js is new in the market in comparison to Angular and React, it does not have a huge community support like Angular and React. This is the reason why knowledge sharing in this framework is still in the beginning phase.
- There is a risk of flexibility with Vue.Js when it comes to integrating into huge projects as it might have some issues and there is no experienced support team as of now, but with time they will be able to find out such solutions too.
Top Companies using Vue.Js:-
Xiaomi, Alibaba, EuroNews, Grammarly, Adobe, Behance, Codeship.
What about Job Opportunities?
As per Google Trends, the worldwide job market for Angular vs React vs Vue in the past 12 months looks like this.
You can also go to Google trends and get an enhanced analysis as per your requirements.
This is the job market for all Indian developers. This has really got some equally dynamic peaks for Angular and React as compared to the worldwide job market.
If you’re taking the COVID-19 pandemic situations into consideration and want an enhanced analysis of the job market of Angular vs React vs Vue.js in India, then set the customised range from February 2020 to your desired date and have a look at Google Trends.
So from the above graphs, it is clearly visible that Angular and React have more jobs both worldwide as well as India, as compared to Vue.Js. This might be just because Vue.js is new to the market and will take time to build its community. After which, we might see more job opportunities in the market for Vue.Js as well. Hence, if you are a beginner or an undergrad, looking forward to learning Vue.js, then be sure that in the upcoming future, you might find more job opportunities in this field. Don’t just shift your interest by seeing the trends. For others who are already into the technical world or starting to freelance, you should focus on learning React and Angular to get an assured job opportunity.
So who wins the battle: Angular or React or Vue?
Well, there is no specific winner in this battle. All the three are champions in their respective fields. It totally depends upon you which framework you want to choose for your web application project as per the project requirements, or in which framework you want to attain mastery. All the three will fetch you fruitful results but in a different way. It is a software developer’s interest and practice that makes him the master of his technical tool.
So before you come to any conclusion, it’s imperative to do your own research especially if you want to launch a startup and then make the right choice. And in case you are working on projects which involve single-page applications, then you need to understand that Angular, React or Vue – all three might work out for the project but you need to make the right choice based on the project requirement of functionality and usability.
So if this blog helped you understand the functionality and usability of Angular, React and Vue and you think this can help you make the right choice, then please leave a comment below:-